Joining our team

This is our general page about joining the lab.  Please also check for separate pages announcing openings for new projects.

UCLA is a great place to do research, and even people (like me) who are not fond of big cities generally find Los Angeles to be a very comfortable place to live.

I always welcome inquiries from prospective graduate students and post docs, and there’s usually space for at least one new person in my lab.

However, before you write to me, please take the time to evaluate whether your research interests are a good fit for my lab. Read some of our recent publications. First impressions matter, so when contacting prospective advisors, it is wise to take the time to write a well-crafted letter. Tell me about your past research experiences and as much as you can about your ideas for graduate or post doctoral research (please also attach your CV).

Email is the best way to reach me, and I try to respond promptly, but sometimes important messages are missed (especially when I’m traveling).  If you do not receive a reply within a few days, please try again!

For information on applying to the EEB graduate program, click here.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Greg Grether

Email: ggrether@g.ucla.edu